Job PostingFebruary 10th, 2021
Town of Grand Bay-Westfield
Administrative Assistant to the CAO, Mayor and Council
Grand Bay-Westfield is a progressive community, friendly by nature, undergoing change. The Town is looking for an Administrative Assistant due to retirement. The successful candidate will make a difference in the community through support to the CAO and Mayor and Council.
With a friendly and easy-going manner, the Admin Assistant reports to the CAO and supports both the CAO and Mayor and Council. This is a sensitive and confidential position. Assisting the CAO to get things done the Administrative Assistant will:
- Manages CAO’s calendar and meeting requests.
- Ensures all correspondence is properly recorded and actioned by the appropriate department (ensuring Council and CAO is properly informed as appropriate).
- Manages “Action List” of all Council directives.
- Ensure that all policy manuals are current.
- Provide administrative support to Mayor and Council.
- Provide backup to the Legislative Clerk.
- Manages agenda and recording of minutes for all senior leadership meetings and then maintain action list of outcomes of meeting.
- Manage records to ensure retention compliance.
- As able, provide administrative support to the leadership team on some matters.
- Provide support to the CAO as needed for HR related issues.
- Fulfill the role of Emergency Management Organization Administrative Support.
- Perform Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable coding.
- Provide support to the front counter as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have some post-secondary education with more than five years’ experience; preferably in the municipal environment.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite and other office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly, easy going and well-organized.
- Above average customer service and communication skills.
- Self-starter who works well independently and within a complex team environment.
- Professional demeaner.
Selected candidate will be required to submit a criminal record check prior to being engaged.
Questions are to be directed to John Enns-Wind before February 18, 2021.
Please submit your resume via email: email@example.com by February 22nd at 12:00 PM.