By-law No. 47
The Council of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield, under authority vested in it by Section 11(1)(h) of the Municipalities Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, c.M-22 and Amendments thereto enacts as follows:
This By-law may be sited as the Grand Bay-Westfield Exhibition By-law
1. No person shall carry on or establish an exhibition of natural or artificial curiosity, circus,
outdoor musical concerts, and other shows or exhibitions for hire or profit within the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield without obtaining a licence in accordance with the provisions of this By-law.
2. Subject to Section 5 hereinafter contained, the Building Inspector shall issue a licence to any person
who applies therefor on payment of a fee of $100.00.
3. An application for a Licence under this By-law shall be submitted to the Town to the attention of
the Building Inspector at least thirty (30) days prior to the date the event described in the Application is to take place and not more than ninety (90) days before such event is to take place.
4. A licence issued under this By-law shall be valid for a maximum period of seven (7) days.
5. The Council of the Town may,
i) refuse to issue any licence under this By-law;
ii) issue any such licence in accordance with any condition or conditions which, in the
discretion of the Council, may be necessary.
6. A person who carries on or establishes any exhibition of natural or artificial curiosity, circus or any
other show or exhibition for hire or profit within the said Town without obtaining a licence therefor in accordance with this By-law, is guilty of an offense and is liable on summary conviction to a fine in accordance with Section 61 of the Provincial Offenses Procedure Act.
7. By-law No. 200 Town of Grand Bay Exhibition By-law is hereby repealed.
This By-law comes into force on the date of final passing thereof.
FIRST READING BY TITLE on this 28th day of June , 1999.
SECOND READING BY TITLE on this 28th day of June , 1999.
THIRD READING AND ENACTMENT this 26th day of July , 1999.
Sandra Gautreau – Manager (Clerk)
Grace Losier – Mayor