By-law No. 80
By-law No. 80, A By-law Respecting Traffic in the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield made under the authority of the Motor Vehicle Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, c.M-17, and Amendments thereto, in the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield.
Be it enacted by the Council of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield as follows:
This by-law may be cited as the Grand Bay-Westfield Traffic By-law
1. In this by-law:
(a) The words defined in Section 1 of the Motor Vehicle Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, c. M-17, and amendments thereto, when used in this by-law shall have the same meaning as the Act
(b) “COUNCIL” means the Mayor and Council of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield;
(c) “ONE WAY STREET” means a street where vehicular traffic is limited to movement in one direction;
(d) “PLAYGROUND ZONE” means that part of a highway that is in the vicinity of a playground and which is marked by signs.
(e) “TEAM LEADER” means the officer in charge of the Grand Bay-Westfield Royal Canadian Mounted Police (R.C.M.P.) Detachment;
(f) “TOWN” means the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield.
2. The highways listed in Schedule “A” are designated as through highways.
3. The intersections listed in Schedule “B” are designated as stop intersections.
AUTHORITY OF MEMBERS OF THE R.C.M.P.
4. (1) It shall be the duty of all members of the RCMP to enforce all traffic laws of the Town, the Motor Vehicle Act, and Regulations of the Province of New Brunswick.
REMOVAL AND STORAGE OF VEHICLES
5. (1) It shall be lawful for any member of the R.C.M.P. to move or cause to be moved any vehicle found stopped or parked in violation of the provisions of this by-law on any highway in the Town.
(2) A vehicle so moved under this by-law shall be stored in such places as the Team Leader of the R.C.M.P. may direct, and the registered owner of such vehicle at the time shall be liable for costs and charges for the storage and moving thereof.
FUNERAL CORTEGE OR AUTHORIZED PROCESSION
6. (1) No parades or other processions shall be held in the Town without first obtaining the permission of the Team Leader of the R.C.M.P., the Town Council and the District Engineer of the New Brunswick Department of Transportation.
(2) No driver shall intersect a funeral cortege or any properly authorized procession while it is in motion.
NO STOPPING FOR SPECIFIED TIMES
7. Except as provided for School bus drop no person shall stop a motor vehicle between the hours of 08:00 hrs. and 16:00 hrs. on schools days, on either side of Woolastook Drive between the points located 80 metres south of Pamdenec Road and 250 metres south of Pamdemec Road.
NO PARKING ANYTIME
8. (1) No person shall park a motor vehicle on any highway within the Town between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m. where such parking would impede snowplowing and snow removal;
(2) No person shall park a motor vehicle at any time or any highway listed in Schedule “H”.
ONE WAY STREETS
9. The highways listed in Schedule “C” are designated as “one way streets” and all operators of motor vehicles thereon shall move in the direction specified in the said Schedule.
TURNING MOVEMENTS – NO LEFT TURNS
10. No driver of a vehicle proceeding in the direction and on the highway as set out in Schedule “D” shall make a left turn onto a highway also listed in the Schedule.
TURNING MOVEMENTS – NO RIGHT TURNS
11. No driver of a vehicle proceeding in the direction and on the highway as set out in Schedule “E” shall make a right turn onto a highway also listed in the Schedule.
12. (1) School crosswalks are to be located as set out under Schedule “F” to this by-law.
(2) “School Crosswalk Ahead” signage shall be marked or indicated by signs identified in Schedule “F” of this by-law and shall be posted 100 metres before a school crosswalk
14. (1) No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed in excess of 30 kilometres per hour within the School Zone along Woolastook Drive reduced speed zone shall specify hours of the day 08:00 hrs. to 16:00 hrs. to be enforced during school days. “Reduced Speed Zone Ahead” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic, 100 metres before the School Zone.
(2) No person shall drive a vehicle within the Playground Zone at Southwood Park on Bayview Road at a speed in excess of 30 kilometres per hour. “Reduced Speed Limit” signs shall indicate hours of 08:00 hrs. – 16:00 hrs. “Reduced Speed Zone Ahead” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic 100 metres before the “Playground Zone”.
SNOW OR ICE ON HIGHWAYS
15. No person shall place snow or ice upon any highway, sidewalk or square in such manner that impedes or is likely to impede movement of traffic or pedestrians.
16. (1) In this section:
(a) “Winter Traction Tires” means tires with treads designed specifically to provide more effective traction on a highway during snow and ice conditions;
(b) “Winter Period” means the period between the 15th day of November in any year up to and including the 31st day of March in the following year.
(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on any highway in the Town while snow and ice are on the surface thereof during a Winter Period without Winter Traction Tires and in such manner as to interfere with the passage of other motor vehicles or persons thereon
WASHING OR REPAIRING VEHICLES ON HIGHWAY
17. (1) No person shall wash a motor vehicle on any public highway or square in the Town.
(2) No person shall overhaul or repair a motor vehicle on any highway or square in the Town, except in the case of temporary repairs in the case of emergency.
18. (1) School Zones shall be so marked or indicated by signs, as identified in Schedule “I” of this by-law;
(2) “School Zone Ahead” signage shall be so marked or indicated by signs identified in schedule “I” of this by-law and shall be posted 100 metres before a School Zone;
(3) “School Zone” signage of this by-law shall specify hours of the day 08:00 hrs. to 16:00 hrs. to be enforced during School Days.
19. (1) Playground Zones, shall be so marked or indicated by signs, as identified in Schedule “G” of this by-law.
(2) “Playground Ahead” Signage shall be so marked or indicated by signs identified in Schedule “G” of this by-law and shall be posted 100 metres before a Playground Zone.
20. (1) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this By-law is guilty of an offence under Subsection 113 (6) of the Motor Vehicle Act and is liable to a penalty of no less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to a maximum of One Hundred Twenty-Five Dollars ($125.00).
21. Town of Grand Bay Traffic By-law No. 145 and Amendments thereto are hereby repealed.
The following highways are designated as through highways:
Allingham Terrace Kirtley Avenue
Bayview Road LaCroix Drive (from Route 102 to
Bellaire Terrace (from Morning Side Crescent to Rosemere Drive)
Beverley Hills Drive Leighside Court (from Stevens Court to the terminus of Leighside Court intersecting Leighside Court)
Brookdale Avenue Majestic Drive
Central Avenue Meadow Brook Drive
Crestwood Drive Mersereau Road
Edgemount Drive Morning Side Crescent
Epworth Park Road (from River Valley Drive to the western terminus thereof)
Garden Road Murray Street
Hamilton Road Ridge Way
Harris Road Stevens Court
Hillandale Drive Sunnyside Drive
Hillside Road Timberlee Manor
Inglewood Drive (from Central Avenue and Epworth Park to the northern terminus thereof) Westfield Crescent
Inglewood Drive (from Central Avenue and Epworth Park, southerly to Pamdenec Road)
The following intersections are designated as stop intersections:
(1) Allingham Terrace & Riverdale Court
(2) Baysong Bluff & Baycrest Drive
(3) Bayview Road & Cavalier Lane
Bayview Road & Brooker Lane
Bayview Road & Station Street
Bayview Road & Fourth Street
Bayview Road & Kenwood Road
Bayview Road & Harris Road
Bayview Road & Horseshoe Lane
(4) Bellaire Terrace & Ridge Way
(5) Beverley Hills Drive & Morning Side Crescent
(6) Brandy Crescent & Old Shore Road
(7) Broad Street & Alder Road
(8) Brookdale Avenue & Crystal Court
Brookdale Avenue & Olive Road
Brookdale Avenue & Mersereau Road
(9) Central Avenue & Fern Avenue
Central Avenue & Pine Avenue
Central Avenue & Smith Lane
Central Avenue & Nelson Street
Central Avenue & Kirtley Avenue
Central Avenue & Inglewood Drive
(10) Crestwood Drive & Tanglewood Court
Crestwood Drive & Kendra Court
Crestwood Drive & Longwood Drive
(11) Douglas Street & LaCroix Drive
Douglas Street & MacLean Road
Douglas Street & Mallard Drive
(12) Edgemount Drive & Rosemere Drive
(13) Epworth Park Road & Midwood Lane
(14) Garden Road & Ingleside Court
(15) George Street & Frederick Street
(16) Hamilton Road & Tilsley Place
(17) Harris Road & First Street
Harris Road & Second Street
(18) Highland Road & Calvin Lane
Highland Road & Hoyt Street
Highland Road & Wedgewood Drive
(19) Hillandale Drive & Timberlee Manor Road
(20) Inglewood Drive & Nelson Street
Inglewood Drive & Longwood Drive
Inglewood Drive & Majestic Drive
Inglewood Drive & Broad Street
Inglewood Drive & Brandy Point Road
Inglewood Drive & Brandy Crescent
Inglewood Drive & Oak Lane
Inglewood Drive & Sandlewood Crescent
Inglewood Drive & Milligan Road
Inglewood Drive & Riverside Park
(21) June Avenue & Florence Drive
(22) Kirtley Avenue & Maple Row
Kirtley Avenue & Apple Hill Road
Kirtley Avenue & Fern Avenue
(23) LaCroix Drive & Prosser Court
LaCroix Drive & River Bend Court
(24) Leighside Court & Leighside Court
(25) Leila Street & Park Avenue
(26) Longwood Drive & Meadowbrook Drive
Longwood Drive & Rainbow Crescent
Longwood Drive & Honeydew Court
Longwood Drive & Windsong Court
(27) MacLean Road & Windsor Street
(28) Majestic Drive & Meadowbrook Drive
Majestic Drive & Baycrest Drive
Majestic Drive & Sunset Crescent
(29) Mallard Drive & Teal Street
(30) Meadow Brook Drive & Crestwood Drive
Meadow Brook Drive & Rainbow Crescent
(31) Mersereau Road & Elandon Street
(32) Morning Side Crescent & Bellaire Terrace
Morning Side Crescent & Valley View Drive
Morning Side Crescent & Edgemount Drive
(33) Mullen Lane & Country Club Drive
(34) Murray Street & Wasson Lane
Murray Street & Riverview Avenue
Murray Street & Ready Street
(35) Pamdenec Road & South Street
Pamdenec Road & North Street
Pamdenec Road & Alder Road
Pamdenec Road & Inglewood Drive
Pamdenec Road & George Street
Pamdenec Road & Hamilton Road
Pamdenec Road & Hillside Road
(36) Rosemere Drive & Bellaire Terrace
(37) Station Street & Spruce Street
(38) Stevens Court & Leighside Court
(39) Sunnyside Drive & Gary Court
(40) Thompson Road & Willow Lane
Thompson Road & London Lane
Thompson Road & Cooper Lane
(41) Timberlee Manor Road & Birchee Drive
(42) William Street & Robbin Court
(43) Windsor Street & LaCroix Drive
(44) Woolastook Drive & Brookdale Avenue
Woolastook Drive & Evergreen Drive
Woolastook Drive & Balsam Drive
Woolastook Drive & Garden Road
Woolastook Drive & Beverley Hills Drive
Woolastook Drive & Valley View Drive
Woolastook Drive & Park Avenue
Woolastook Drive & Allan Street
Woolastook Drive & Lakeview Road
Woolastook Drive & Wong Way
Woolastook Drive & June Avenue
Woolastook Drive & Highland Road
Pamdenec Road between Woolastook Drive and River Valley Drive shall be one way going East from Woolastook Drive, entrance only from Woolastook Drive.
No left turn from River Valley Drive onto Pamdenec Road from the southerly direction.
No right turn from River Valley Drive onto Pamdenec Road when proceeding south.
The following school crosswalk(s) shall be distinctly indicated by signage and located at:
1) Woolastook Drive located 135 metres more or less north of Lakeview Road crossing at Grand Bay Elementary …..School and indicated by “Crosswalk Ahead” signage in accordance with Section 12(2) of this by-law.
The following Playground Zones shall be distinctly indicated by signage located as follows:
1. “Children at Play” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic at the limits of the Southwood Park property fronting on Bayview Road and “Playground Ahead” signage shall be posted in accordance with Section 19(z) of this by-law.
2. “Children at Play” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic at the limits of the Lions Field property fronting on Inglewood Drive and “Playground Ahead” signage shall be posted in accordance with Section 19(2) of this by-law.
3. “Children at Play” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic at the limits of the MacLean Park property fronting on MacLean Road and “Playground Ahead” signage shall be posted in accordance with Section 19(2) of this by-law.
4. “Children at Play” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic at the limits of the Tot Lot Playground property fronting on Ridge Way and “Playground Ahead” signage shall be posted in accordance with Section 19(2) of this by-law.
No person shall park a vehicle at any time on the following highways:
(1) West Street
The following School Zones shall be distinctly indicated by signage located as follows:
1. “School Zone” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic on Epworth Park Road, 20 metres beyond the limits of the River Valley Middle School property;
2. “School Zone” signage shall be posted in both directions of traffic on Woolastook Drive, from Pamdenec Road to Highland Road and “School Zone Ahead” signage shall be posted in accordance with section 18(2) of this by-law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF THE TOWN OF GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD has caused the Corporation Seal to the said Town to be affixed to this by-law as enacted this day of , A.D. 2001.
READ A FIRST TIME this 10th day of December, 2001.
READ A SECOND TIME this 10th day of December , 2001.
READ A THIRD TIME AND ENACTED this 14th day of January, 2002
Sandra Gautreau – Manager (Clerk)
Grace Losier – Mayor
I HEREBY CERTIFY the attached writing paper marked with the letter “A” and my initials is a true copy of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield, By-law No. as enacted by the Town Council.
Notary Public – New Brunswick
Under subsection 113(2) of the Motor Vehicle Act, Lieutenant Governor-in-Council approves By-law No. 80, a By-law Respecting Traffic on Highways in the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield, as approved by the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield, on the day of , A.D. 2002.