PAC Minutes – April 19, 1999
The regular meeting of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee was held Monday, April 19, 1999, at 7:00 p.m. in Room “A”. Chairman, Larry Chapman conducted the meeting and called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m.
1. RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
All Members were present.
Due to another commitment, Deputy Mayor Black was present during the Closed Session only, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..
2. P.A.C. MINUTES OF APRIL 6, 1999
It was moved by Ralph Stevens and seconded by Mel Steffens to adopt the April 6, 1999 P.A.C. Minutes.
3. COUNCIL MINUTES OF MARCH 22, 1999
It was moved by Deputy Mayor Black and seconded by Jim Evans to receive and file the March 22, 1999 Council Minutes.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS
Two letters from the Development Officer to property owners were given out to the Committee, for information only. Following a brief discussion, it was moved by Mel Steffens and seconded by Bill McCann to receive and file the above information.
5. DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
No conflict of interest declared.
6. ITEM TABLED APRIL 6, 1999 MEETING RE: TEMPORARY USE PERMIT WESTFIELD GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB – GOLF CLUB ROAD
A discussion was held in Closed Session regarding the wording and purpose of the sign proposed.
Christine Rogers Jacobsen was present during the Open Session at 8:00 p.m. and informed the Committee that this is the same sign as last year, with the purpose being to advertise to the area residents. When asked why last year’s sign remained up past the dead line imposed by P.A.C., Mrs. Rogers Jacobsen apologized and stated that this was an oversight on their part.
It was moved by Jim Evans that P.A.C. grant a Temporary Permit to allow the placement of a 3 ft. x 5 ft. sign, not higher than 6.5 ft., located on the north west corner of the intersection of Golf Club Road (Private) and Nerepis Road (Public).
Pursuant to Section 4(2) of the Zoning By-law of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Division II, authorization for the development described above is hereby granted for the temporary period commencing May 15, 1999 and expiring July 15, 1999. At the end of the authorized period, you are hereby required to terminate or remove the development hereby authorized subject to the Works Commissioner approving the exact location for which the sign will be installed. Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Carried.
7. REPORT FROM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER DATED APRIL 16, 1999 RE: ITEM TABLED APRIL 6, 1999 MEETING ADELARD PELLETIER & BAKERY & GENERAL SUPPLIES LTD. – 267 RIVER VALLEY DRIVE
A discussion was held in Closed Session, in particular the number of parking spaces available, the retaining wall and the exterior of the structure proposed. A more detailed Plot Plan was submitted to the Committee.
Adelard Pelletier was present during the Open Session at 8:00 p.m., and advised that the exterior of the structure will be stained cedar shingles.
It was moved by Philip Kelly that P.A.C. grant the Variance Request to Adelard Pelletier & Bakery & General Supplies Ltd., 267 River Valley Drive as follows:
1. The required 0.9 metre variance for the accessory structure’s sideyard setback be granted;
2. The variance to reduce the commercial building size to 17.8 sq. metres be granted;
3. That the back wall portion over the retaining wall, at least 4 feet each side of the retaining wall, should be constructed so as to carry the load of the structure’s floor and roof uniformly on the ground across the retaining wall.
Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Carried.
8. FOR INFORMATION ONLY: LETTER RECEIVED FROM MARILYN PATSTONE DATED APRIL 7/99
It was moved by Ralph Stevens and seconded by Bill McCann to receive and file the above letter.
9. REPORT FROM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER DATED APRIL 15, 1999 RE: TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION PLAN – VALLEY VIEW ESTATES, PHASE 9, STAGE 1 – HUGHES SURVEYS & CONSULTANTS LTD./WAYNE MCLEOD
A discussion was held in Closed Session, with the Committee concurring with the Development Officer’s recommendations with regard to proper drainage for the development. Neither Wayne McLeod or a representative from Hughes Surveys was present during the Open Session.
It was moved by Philip Kelly that P.A.C. Table the request for Tentative Subdivision Approval, Phase 9, Stage 1 for Lot 8, Block “O” and Lot 2, Block “Q”, until the Developer submits revised construction drawings showing the roadway developed with storm sewer, sanitary sewer and curb & gutter both sides, for review. The revised Construction Plan should also show how the spring on Lot 2, Block “Q” will be collected and controlled.
Motion seconded by Bill McCann. Carried.
10. REVIEW OF DRAFT TWO – ZONING BY-LAW NO. 215
The Committee reviewed Draft Two of Zoning By-law No. 215, and an addition was made on Page 66.
It was moved by Ralph Stevens that P.A.C. recommend Council adopt Draft Two, Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Zoning By-law No. 215, with the addition on Page 66 to repeal By-law No. 16, and amendments thereto. Motion seconded by Bill McCann. Carried.
Jim Evans moved to adjourn at 9:04 p.m.
Laylia Nice, Larry Chapman,