PAC Minutes – June 4, 2007
|1.||CALL TO ORDER|
|The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee met for a regular meeting on Monday, June 4, 2007 at 8:00 p.m. with Chairman, Ralph Stevens presiding.|
|2.||RECORD OF ATTENDANCE|
|Ron Daigle was absent.
“…moved by Jim Burke to excuse Ron Daigle without cause….”
Seconded by Linda Estabrooks. Carried.
|3.||PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE MINUTES OF MAY 22, 2007|
|“…moved by Mel Steffens to accept as presented the May 22, 2007 Planning Advisory Committee Minutes….”
Seconded by Cllr. Little. Carried.
|4.||REGULAR COUNCIL MINUTES OF MAY 14, 2007|
|“…moved by Cllr. Little to receive and file Regular Council Minutes of May 14, 2007….”
Seconded by Linda Estabrooks. Carried.
|5.||DECLARATION OF CONFILCT OF INTEREST|
|Mel Steffens declared a conflict of interest on Item No. 9, Re: Application for Variance, Gary Fowler – 19 Teal Stsreet.|
|7.||DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S MEMO DATED MAY 31, 2007 RE: SUMMER MEETING SCHEDULE|
|“…moved by Jim Burke that the Planning Advisory Committee adopt a summer meeting schedule by canceling the regularly scheduled meetings of July 16, 2007 and August 20, 2007, noting that a special meeting may be called if required…”
Seconded by Linda Estabrooks. Carried
|APPLICATION FOR TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION APPROVAL RE: HUGHES SURVEYS & CONSULTANTS INC./ DONNA & IAN SILLIKER & AM-CAN ENTERPRISES LTD. 327 RIVER VALLEY DRIVE, PID NO. 00222976|
(A) DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT DATED MAY 30, 2007
Andrew Logan and Gerald Pier were present representing the Applicant.
There was no one present speaking in favor of or against the Application.
1. “…moved by Jim Burke that the Planning Advisory Committee grant the following variance to the Town’s Subdivision By-law, Town of Grand Bay-Westfield By-law No. 102, for the creation of a new Public Street, to be created out of PID No. 00222976 as shown on the Tentative Subdivision Plan, Donna& Ian Silliker and Am-Can Enterprises Ltd. Subdivision, as prepared by Hughes Surveys & Consultants Inc. dated May 17, 2007; under Section 4.1 (b), grant a variance of up to 2 % to increase the maximum slope of street grades from 8% up to a maximum of 10%, permitting Tentative Subdivision Approval to be granted subject to:
a) completion of the Preliminary Street design including the connections to existing town sanitary and storm sewers and street intersection design at River Valley Drive for recommendation from the Town Engineer for the design;
b) approval by the Department of Environment for extension of sewer services;
c) and also subject to the following general conditions:
i) no blasting to occur in the development unless by expressly approved of Council; ii) recording of NB Power/Aliant Utility Easements on the Final Subdivision Plan; iii) approval of Subdivision Developer’s Agreement prior to final approval of the Plan iv) issuance of a Building Permit to be subject to the completion of a Subdivision Developers Agreement with the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield….”
2. “…moved that the Planning Advisory Committee recommend to Council the acceptance of $78.95, money in lieu of Land For Public Purposes (cash, debit, money order or certified cheque) for the creation of four new building lots to be created out of PID No. 00222976 as shown on the Tentative Subdivision Plan, Donna & Ian Silliker and Am-Can Enterprises Ltd. Subdivision, as prepared by Hughes Surveys & Consultants Inc. dated May 17, 2007….”
3. “…moved that the Planning Advisory Committee approve of the name of the proposed street name as Macdonald Avenue to be reserved by NB 911 and recommend to Council to assent to the name on the Final Subdivision Plan….”
Seconded by James Evans. Carried.
|9.||APPLICATION FOR VARIANCE RE: GARY FOWLER – 19 TEAL STREET, PID NO. 00209510|
| (A) DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT DATED MAY 31, 2007
Mel Steffens represented the Applicant and sat in the public seating area. He advised the Committee of the following:
* the scale of the house fits the site, as it is a large lot;
* the Applicant is a Professional Engineer and also a contractor and will be responsible for completing the road to meet Town standards.
There was no one present speaking in favor of or against this Application.
“…moved by Cllr. Little that the Planning Advisory Committee approve the following variances to the Town’s Zoning By-law, Town of Grand Bay-Westfield By-law No. 101, for the construction of a single family dwelling, to be located at 19 Teal Street, PID No. 00209510:
a) under Section 126.96.36.199(h), grant a variance of 2.56 m to increase the maximum height of a main building from 9.0 m to 11.56 m; and b) under Section 188.8.131.52(b), grant a variance of 34.08 m to reduce the minimum road frontage required for the development of the lot from 55.0 m to 20.92; subject to:
i) prior completion of a Developers Agreement with the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield for the construction of the extension of Teal Street, complete with Engineered road construction plans, estimation of costs confirmed and recommended for approval by Council by the Town engineer (Godfrey Associates Ltd.); bonding security and copy of liability held by all contractors to be in place prior to signing agreement;
ii) prior registration of the Developer’s Agreement before issuance of a Building Permit for the development on 19 Teal Street, PID # 00209510…”
Seconded by Jim Burke. Carried.
Mel Steffens then resumed his seat.
|“…moved Jim Burke to adjourn at 8:15 p.m….”
Seconded by Mel Steffens. Carried.