PAC Minutes – May 1, 2006
|1.||CALL TO ORDER|
|The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee met for a regular meeting on Monday, May l, 2006 at 8:01 p.m. with Chairman, Ralph Stevens presiding.|
|2.||RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
All Members were present.
|3.||PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE MINUTES OF APRIL 18, 2006|
|“…moved by Jim Burke to accept as presented the April 18, 2006 Planning Advisory Committee Minutes….”
Seconded by Linda Estabrooks. Carried.
|4.||REGULAR COUNCIL MINUTES OF APRIL 10, 2006|
|“…moved by Ron Daigle to receive and file Regular Council Minutes of April 10, 2006….”
Seconded by Mel Steffens. Carried.
|DECLARATION OF CONFILCT OF INTEREST
No conflict declared.
|7.||APPLICATION FOR VARIANCE RE: BILL ENGLAND – 9 PIONEER LANE|
|(A) DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT DATED APRIL 27, 2006
Applicant, Bill England was present and stated to the Committee that he had nothing further to add to his Application.
The Committee then expressed the following to Mr. England:
– Concern for the extent of the variance request and the awkward access to the garage, by the position of the building behind the main house;
– Would he entertain a setback of 1 metre (back and front), making the building parallel to the property line?
– The required side yard would allow more room for water run off to be directed around the building;
– access to garage would be easier if it was placed parallel to the property line
Mr. England’s reply was as follows:
– he has tried to minimize the encroachment but sees the proposal as a “worst case scenario”.
– Because the main house is not parallel to the property line, he feels he must construct the garage parallel to the house so it will not “look out of place” with the other houses on the lane;
– He feels it necessary to place the garage in this fashion for future resale; – Regarding water run off, he plans to provide a 12 “ raised curb to slope the grade away from the building and still maintain existing contours along the property line.
There was no one else present speaking in favor of or against this Application.
“…moved by James Evans that the Planning Advisory Committee approve the following Variances to the Town’s Zoning By-law, Town of Grand Bay-Westfield By-law No. 101, for the construction of an accessory building, to be located as per submitted site plan at 9 Pioneer Lane, PID No. 00218669:
a) under Section 5.1.3(b), grant a variance of 1.39 m to reduce the required minimum Side Yard Setback from 1.5 m to 0.46 m;
b) under Section 4.10.3, grant a variance of 0.85 m to increase the extent that an architectural feature may extend into a required yard from 0.5 to 1.35 m;
c) the north side of the roof to have a rain gutter to redirect water to the front of the garage and discharge at grade….”
Seconded by Ron Daigle. Carried.
|“…moved by Jim Burke to adjourn at 8:29 p.m….”
Seconded by Cllr. Little. Carried.