PAC Minutes – May 3, 1999
The regular meeting of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee was held Monday, May 3, 1999 at 7:00 p.m. in Room “A “. Due to the illness of Chairman, Larry Chapman, the meeting was conducted by Vice-Chairman, Ralph Stevens.
1. RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
All Members were present with the exception of Chairman Larry Chapman and Bill McCann, who is away on holidays.
2. P.A.C. MINUTES OF APRIL 19, 1999
It was moved by James Evans and seconded by Mel Steffens to adopt the April 19, 1999 P.A.C. Minutes.
3. COUNCIL MINUTES OF APRIL 12, 1999
It was moved by Deputy Mayor Black and seconded by Mel Steffens to receive and file the April 12, 1999 Council Minutes. Motion carried.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS
However, Acting Development Officer, Bruce Gault informed the Committee that there will be two items on the next Agenda involving Land for Public Purposes and recommended that the Members visit the locations prior to the next meeting. The Development Officer gave a brief review of each proposal and handed out maps of each location to the Members, to assist them when doing their inspection of the sites. He also advised that due to legal implications, the Committee meet with Town Solicitor, Ralph Poley to go over these items, prior to meeting with the Applicants. The Members concurred and requested that the Secretary contact Mr. Poley, and that a meeting be set for Monday, May 17, 1999 at 6:30 p.m.
5. DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
No conflict of interest declared.
6. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER’S REPORT DATED APRIL 27, 1999 RE: REQUEST FOR VARIANCE DENNIS HICKEY – 19 ASH GLEN LANE
A discussion was held in Closed Session regarding the Request for Variance made by Dennis Hickey, 19 Ash Glen Lane to construct a detached garage within the dwelling front yard. Mr. Hickey was present at 8:00 for the Open Session.
The following motion was then made:
It was moved by Mel Steffens that the Request for Variance be granted to Dennis Hickey, 19 Ash Glen Lane as follows:
- That a Variance to permit the detached garage to be constructed oversized by 135 sq. ft. be approved.
- That a Variance to permit the construction of a detached garage within the required front yard set back and set back from the road way a minimum of 25 feet be approved.
Motion seconded by Philip Kelly. Motion carried.
James Evans moved adjournment at 8:05 p.m.
Laylia Nice, Ralph Stevens,