PAC Minutes – October 18, 1999
The regular meeting of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee was held Monday, October 18, 1999 at 7:00 p.m. in Room “A”. Chairman, Larry Chapman conducted the meeting and called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m.
1. RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
Members absent were. Philip Kelly and James Evans
2. P.A.C. MINUTES OF OCTOBER 4, 1999
It was moved by Bill McCann and seconded by Mel Steffens to accept the October 4, 1999 P.A.C. Minutes as presented.
3. REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 27, 1999
It was moved by Deputy Mayor Black and seconded by Bill McCann to receive and file the September 27, 1999 Regular Council Minutes.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS
5. DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
6. MEMO FROM TOWN MANAGER DATED OCTOBER 15, 1999 RE: BUDGET REQUEST
The 1999 P.A.C. Budget was reviewed. It was the consensus of the Committee that the same Budget be submitted for the year 2000. The following motion was then made:
“…moved by Mel Steffens that the 2000 P.A.C. Operating Budget in the amount of $8,805.00 be submitted to the Town Manager for Council approval, as follows:
Honorarium for P.A.C. Members $3,780.00
Honorarium for P.A.C. Secretary $3,000.00
Consultants, Legal Advice, etc. $1,000.00
Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Motion carried
7. TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION PLAN DATED OCTOBER 7, 1999 RE: PHILIP HAMM SUBDIVISION LOT 99-1 & 99-2, ROUND LAKE
A Closed Session discussion was held regarding the above Tentative Subdivision Plan. The Development Officer’s Report dated October 15, 1999 was given out to each Committee Member and Staff Recommendations were reviewed, with one addition. David Taylor informed the Committee that this is an Application for the creation of two lots on the Philip Hamm property, on an access other than a “public street”. Both lots are less than five acres, and require Department of Health approval for septic systems.
Applicant, Ed DeSaulnier was invited but was not present for the Open Session. The following motion was then made:
“…moved by Bill McCann that P.A.C. accepts Staff Recommendations, as follows:
1. that the Committee approve the access to the proposed Lots 99-1 and 99-2, Philip Hamm Subdivision Plan dated October 7, 1999, by such access other than a street as being advisable for the development of land, as the proposed lots are located on a “Private Road”;
2. that the Committee recommends Council grant Tentative Approval for the Philip Hamm Subdivision, Lot 99-1 and Lot 99-2 dated October 7, 1999, subject to:
(a) Community Planning Act Section 49(2) nature and porosity of the soil to be determined by the Department of Health and community Services;
3. that the Committee recommends Council defer acceptance of Land for Public Purposes or money in lieu of Land for Public Purposes….”
Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Motion carried.
Ralph Stevens moved to adjourn at 8:00 p.m.
Laylia Nice, Larry Chapman,