PAC Minutes – October 5, 1998
The regular meeting of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee was held Monday, October 5, 1998 at 7:00 p.m. in Room “A”. Chairman, Larry Chapman called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
1. RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
All members were present with the exception of Deputy Mayor Black.
Cllr. Jack Keir was in attendance acting as Council Liaison Alternate.
2. GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD P.A.C. MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 21, 1998
It was moved by Philip Kelly and seconded by John Sabean to accept as presented the September 21, 1998 Grand Bay-Westfield P.A.C. Minutes.
3. GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD COUNCIL MINUTES OF SEPT. 14, 1998
It was moved by Ralph Stevens and seconded by James Evans to receive and file the September 14, 1998 Grand Bay-Westfield Council Minutes.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS
Chairman, Larry Chapman welcomed Cllr. Jack Keir, who will be acting as Council Liason in the absence of Deputy Mayor Black.
Also, the Chairman requested the following items be added to the Agenda:
(a) Request for Variance Re: Michelle Alward – 331 Woolastook Drive
(b) Application for Signage Permit Re: Town of Grand Bay-Westfield – 293 Nerepis Road
It was moved by Cllr. Keir and seconded by Ralph Stevens that the Request for Variance made by Michelle Alward be added to the Agenda as Item No. 6. Motion carried.
It was moved by Philip Kelly and seconded by John Sabean that the Application for Signage Permit made by the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield be added to the Agenda as Item No. 7. Motion carried.
5. DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
No conflict declared.
6. REPORT FROM IRVIN T. BRUHIER DATED SEPTEMBER 29, 1998 RE: ITEM TABLED SEPTEMBER 21,1998 HUGHES SURVEYS LTD. TENTATIVE SUBDIVISION PLAN – RIDGEWAY
A Fax dated October 5, 1998 was received from Rick Turner of Hughes Surveys & Consultants Ltd., informing the Committee that he was unable to attend this evenings meeting. The Development Officer recommended that P.A.C. request an Engineering Road and Sewage Plan from Hughes Surveys.
It was moved by Philip Kelly that P.A.C. table this item pending further information from Hughes Surveys regarding Engineering Road and Sewage Plans. Motion seconded by Mel Steffens. Carried.
7. REQUEST FOR VARIANCE RE: MICHELLE ALWARD – 331 WOOLASTOOK DRIVE
The Development Officer informed the Committee that it has come to his attention that Mr. Alward was constructing a garage 20 ft. x 24 ft. at the front of the above mentioned property, without a Building Permit. Due to the fact the garage is in the front yard, a variance is required prior to a Building Permit being issued.
It was moved by James Evans that P.A.C. notify the surrounding property owners to advise them of the Request for Variance made by Michelle Alward, for their input. Also, request a Staff Report for next meeting.
Motion seconded by Mel Steffens. Carried.
Michelle Alward will subsequently be invited to the October 19, 1998 meeting when the matter will once again be addressed.
8. APPLICATION FOR SIGNAGE RE: TOWN OF GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD FIRE STATION # 2 – 293 NEREPIS ROAD
The Development Officer informed the Committee that the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield requires a Temporary Use Permit to erect a mobile sign to advertise an Open House to be held at Fire Station # 2 on October 10, 1998.
It was moved by John Sabean that P.A.C. grant permission to the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield to erect a sign subject to the following conditions:
1. sign not to be illuminated or florescent;
2. sign to be placed a minimum of twenty (20) feet from the edge of the traveled portion of the roadway;
3. sign to be erected for a maximum period of three (3) days before and ten (10) days after October 10, 1998;
4. the exact location of the sign subject to prior approval of the Development Officer;
5. a Variance be granted allowing the sign to be maximum 40 square feet, in lieu of the maximum 6 1/2 square feet allowed, pursuant to Westfield Zoning By-law No. 11, Section 41, Subsection b(1).
Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Carried.
John Sabean moved adjournment at 7:45 p.m.
Laylia Nice, Larry Chapman,