PAC Minutes – September 20, 1999
The regular meeting of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee was held Monday, September 20, 1999 at 7:00 p.m. in Room “A”. Chairman, Larry Chapman conducted the meeting and called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
1. RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
All Members were present.
2. P.A.C. MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 7, 1999
It was moved by Philip Kelly and seconded by Mel Steffens to accept the September 7, 1999 P.A.C. Minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3. (A) REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF AUGUST 9, 1999
(B) SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 3, 1999
It was moved by Ralph Stevens and seconded by James Evans to receive and file the Regular August 9, 1999 and Special September 3, 1999 Council Minutes. Motion carried.
4. CHAIRMAN’S REMARKS
A change of address for the Town was given out to each Member.
5. DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
No conflict declared.
6. REPORT FROM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER OF SEPTEMBER 16, 1999 RE: ITEM # 2 OF DEPUTY MAYOR BLACK’S MEMO TO P.A.C. OF JULY 5, 1999
The Development Officer informed the Committee that this item was brought to his attention by the Town Manager and has not been previously dealt with by P.A.C.
The Committee reviewed Section 4.11 (Site Triangle On Corner Lots) of Grand Bay-Westfield Draft Zoning By-law No. 215 and a revision was made.
“…It was moved by Mel Steffens that P.A.C. recommend Council revise Section 4.11 to read as follows:
4.11 SIGHTLINES AT CORNER LOTS
To provide a clear line of vision for drivers of vehicles approaching an intersection, there shall be within the triangular area bounded by the intersection of corner lot/street lines and the diagonal line drawn from the points 6 metres from the intersection of said lot/street lines:
1. no building or structure erected;
2. no temporary or permanent storage of material or object greater than 1 metre in height;
3. no hedges and/or shrubs greater than 1 metre in height;
4. no tree foliage greater than 1 metre in height and less than 3 metres in height….”
Motion seconded by Ralph Stevens. Motion carried.
Ralph Stevens moved to adjourn at 7:40 p.m.
Laylia Nice, Larry Chapman,