Tender – Conversion of Fire Apparatus
March 4, 2014
Request for quote – Conversion of Fire Apparatus
To whom it may concern;
The Grand Bay-Westfield Vol. Fire Rescue Department currently has a 1991 Fort Gary Pumper that will be converted into a tanker.
The Department will be accepting quotations until 10:00 am Thursday March 27, 2014 for the following work:
- Removal of existing ladder rack system on passenger side of truck. See picture 1 at the end of this document.
- Supply 1 1800 (imp) gallon portable tank.
- Supply and mount 1 drop down portable tank rack for item 2.
- Supply and install a 10” square dump valve (air or electric actuated) to be accessible with rear compartment doors closed. Dump to be complete with telechute (manual) and install control on rear of truck, left side. Dump and body modifications will be painted red to match truck. See picture 1 at the end of this document.
- Repair four corroded areas of body at rear, repaint these areas only. See pictures 2-5 at end of this document.
- Repair one compartment door. See picture 6 at the end of this document.
- Supply and install 1 Federal Signal Jet Solaris light bar as per attached specifications and 10 Quadraflare LED warning lights to replace 6 existing warning lights. The remaining 4 will be new additional lights with one located on each side of the cab as intersection lights and two located on the rear lower portion of the body. Final positions to be approved by the Department.
- Supply and install 1 back up camera with minimum 130 degree viewing angle and minimum 6 ½” monitor.
- Viewing of the truck can be arranged by calling 738-6421 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note the water tank is galvanized steel.